- Meteorologist on the Number One-rated News 4 newscasts: Wake Up and Noon.
- Joined the News 4 team January, 1983, making him the longest standing TV-meteorologist in the Buffalo TV market
- Provides weather forecast services to KISS 98.5 Buffalo, 106.9 KISS FM, Jamestown, WESB 1490 AM and 100.1 The Hero, Bradford, PA. Provided weather reports to WJJL-AM, Niagara Falls, WKSN-AM and WHUG-FM, Jamestown, NY
- On-air Meteorologist WABI-TV/ WABI-AM/ WBGW-FM, Bangor, Maine
- Weather/News Anchor WWLR-FM / WSTJ -AM, Vermont
- Forensic Research Meteorologist
- 2009 NYS Emmy for Best Morning Newscast (1/30/08 Wild Windstorm)
- 1985-88 Vice President of WNY American Meteorological Society
- 1985 AMS TV Seal of Approval
- 1976 member of National Weather Association
- 1972 elected member of AMS
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorological Science, Lyndon State College, Vermont, 1981
- Attended University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth
Hobbies and Interests
- Gardening, bicycling, swimming, cross country skiing, cooking, music, and photography
- Participates in career and science fairs, school lectures, and numerous other community events
- Wife, Sheri, and four children
- "Carrie" and "Maggie," both Golden Retrievers
- Tornado Alley by Howie Bluestein (...of course...)
- Brief History of Time by Stephen W. Hawking
- Tales From the Edge of the Woods by Willem Lange
- Poems by Robert Frost
What I Like About Buffalo
- "Meeting my wife Sheri here, the ethnic flavor and festivals, and exploring the Western New York countryside."
Most Amusing Weather Moment
- "Forgetting my gloves while holding a metal microphone on a "Blizzard of '85" live shot; by the way the wind chill was close to minus 50!"
To send an e-mail to Mike Cejka click here .
At least four fire companies responded to a large house fire in Blasdell.
Buffalo Police have arrested 26-year-old Nicholas Finnegan of South Buffalo and charged him with pushing Russ Ross to his death.
The Niagara County Sheriff's is on the scene of a suspected meth lab in Cambria.
Police say there were 32 burglaries, 20 in Albion, five in Medina, four in Oakfield and three in the City of Lockport.
Berry admitted filing 122 false federal income tax returns for people who had died. He must pay restitution for the stolen money.
Six-year-old Nya Ricks was chosen to light Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Tree of Hope Friday night.