- Meteorologist on the Number One-rated News 4 newscasts: Wake Up and Noon.
- Joined the News 4 team January, 1983, making him the longest standing TV-meteorologist in the Buffalo TV market
- Provides weather forecast services to KISS 98.5 Buffalo, 106.9 KISS FM, Jamestown, WESB 1490 AM and 100.1 The Hero, Bradford, PA. Provided weather reports to WJJL-AM, Niagara Falls, WKSN-AM and WHUG-FM, Jamestown, NY
- On-air Meteorologist WABI-TV/ WABI-AM/ WBGW-FM, Bangor, Maine
- Weather/News Anchor WWLR-FM / WSTJ -AM, Vermont
- Forensic Research Meteorologist
- 2009 NYS Emmy for Best Morning Newscast (1/30/08 Wild Windstorm)
- 1985-88 Vice President of WNY American Meteorological Society
- 1985 AMS TV Seal of Approval
- 1976 member of National Weather Association
- 1972 elected member of AMS
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorological Science, Lyndon State College, Vermont, 1981
- Attended University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth
Hobbies and Interests
- Gardening, bicycling, swimming, cross country skiing, cooking, music, and photography
- Participates in career and science fairs, school lectures, and numerous other community events
- Wife, Sheri, and four children
- "Carrie" and "Maggie," both Golden Retrievers
- Tornado Alley by Howie Bluestein (...of course...)
- Brief History of Time by Stephen W. Hawking
- Tales From the Edge of the Woods by Willem Lange
- Poems by Robert Frost
What I Like About Buffalo
- "Meeting my wife Sheri here, the ethnic flavor and festivals, and exploring the Western New York countryside."
Most Amusing Weather Moment
- "Forgetting my gloves while holding a metal microphone on a "Blizzard of '85" live shot; by the way the wind chill was close to minus 50!"
To send an e-mail to Mike Cejka
click here .