Updated: Saturday, 17 Jan 2009, 1:45 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 17 Jan 2009, 1:18 PM EST
WEST SENECA, N.Y. (WIVB) - A West Seneca teen is dead after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Town of West Seneca police say two 16-year-old girls were having a sleep over and were found unresponsive in the basement of a Windmill Road home early this morning. One of the girls was not breathing.
The two girls were sleeping on a partitioned portion of the basement. Devon Sharvan who lives at the home and Amanda Hansen were both rushed to South Buffalo Mercy Hospital. Amanda Hansen was pronounced dead by the attending emergency room physician.
National Fuel gas workers detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the basement near a boiler room for the baseboard heating system.
The parents of Devon Sharvan and a 13-year-old sibling also complained of dizziness and were taken to South Buffalo Mercy Hospital.