Updated: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 3:47 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 6:28 AM EST
WARSAW, N.Y. (WIVB) - Two Warsaw High School wrestlers, accused of hazing, appeared in front of a judge, Monday.
Jacob Royce is being charged as an adult. He's pleaded not guilty to the hazing charges.
Royce walked into Warsaw Town Court with his family. They were on guard and confronted news cameras, shoving a photographer at least twice.
The Wyoming County District Attorney accused Royce, and one other wrestler , of bullying two others into punching each other. The punches were so hard, it left a 15-year-old teammate with a broken jaw. News 4 has also learned Royce is facing a charge of tampering with physical evidence.
The DA said cell phone video, which captured the jaw breaking blow, was intentionally deleted by Royce, as a "concerted attempt to blame everything on [the victim].
After entering a plea to the charges, the judge ordered Royce to stay off of Facebook, where he had been posting about the perks of suspension.
Hours after the order, Royce appeared to be back on the social networking site, posting "well court was interesting.. looks like it will all be over next month." Royce's Facebook page later disappeared.
Head coach, Rob Hirsch, released a written statement . He apologized for "poor judgment." Hirsch appeared in court to show support for the ousted wrestler.
"Absolutely, Absolutely. I'm here to support everybody on the team. Thank you," Hirsch said.
Hirsch was suspended from his wrestling team responsibilities for a month and was not paid. He has since been reinstated with the team and says he will be strict with rules and discipline.
Royce is due back in court on February 6th.