TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — An alert guide dog may have saved her owner's life after sniffing out a gas leak.
The Daily Home reports Nancy Jones says she was folding clothes when Pooh brought her leash to her owner. After the poodle's leash was on, Pooh aggressively pulled Jones out the front door.
As she was being led out, she noticed the smell of natural gas.
Jones, who is almost blind, got the service dog from the Pilot Dog Program based out of Columbus, Ohio. Jones says when she smelled the gas, she thought to turn it off, but didn't know where to find the knob because of her visual impairment.
Jones says she plans to reward her brave canine with extra treats, new bows for her ears and "a lot of love."
Information from: The Daily Home - Talladega, http://www.dailyhome.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A man who was wrongly convicted of second degree murder in 2009 has been set free after spending four years in prison.
Investigators are trying to determine who dumped a dog on the side of the road inside a zipped up Coors Light thermal bag.
A man once featured on the Cattaraugus County Top 10 Most Wanted List has pleaded guilty after being extradited from Indiana.
Lake effect snow warning in effect for southern tier.
Two men have been arrested by Wyoming County Sheriff's deputies and charged with selling heroin in the Village of Attica.
A woman was arrested Sunday after she allegedly tried to bite her neighbor during an argument over offensive odors.