The following list represents the most viral tracks on Spotify, based on the number of people who shared it divided by the number who listened to it, from Monday, June 3, to Sunday, June 9, via Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Spotify.
1. Lorde, "Royals" (Lava Music/Republic Records)
2. Major Lazer feat. Bruno Mars, Tyga and Mystic, "Bubble Butt" (Mad Decent/Secretly Canadian)
3. Robin Thicke, "Blurred Lines" (Star Trak LLC)
4. Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop" (RCA Records)
5. Wale, "Bad" (Atlantic Records)
6. Capital Cities, "Farrah Fawcett Hair" (Capitol Records)
7. Cassadee Pope, "Wasting All These Tears" (Universal Republic Nashville)
8. Small Pools, "Dreaming" (RCA Records)
9. J. Cole, "Crooked Smile" (Columbia Records)
10. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, "Better Days" (Community Music/Vagrant Records)
1. White Lies, "Getting Even" (Polydor Ltd. (UK))
2. Major Lazer feat. Bruno Mars, Tyga and Mystic, "Bubble Butt" (AKA UK)
3. Baz Luhrmann, "Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)" (Capitol Records)
4. Robin Thicke, "Blurred Lines" (Star Trak LLC)
5. David Lynch and Lykke Li, "I'm Waiting Here" (Awal Digital Ltd.)
6. Jon Hopkins, "Open Eye Signal" (Domino Recording Co.)
7. Disclosure, "Help Me Lose My Mind" (Universal Island Records)
8. Dominik Hauser, "The Rains of Castamere" (Dominik Hauser)
9. Boards of Canada, "Reach for the Dead" (Warp Records)
10. Queens of the Stone Age, "Smooth Sailing" (Matador)
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Police say they had the wrong man, and that Jerome Thagard, who spent four years in prison, didn't murder Steven Northrup in 2009. But the victim's family says otherwise.
A Good Samaritan died Wednesday while trying to assist the driver of a tractor trailer who got stuck in the snow.
A 26-year-old male employee of Ying's Wings and Things told police that Haibo Jiang, also known as Jimmy Ying, choked him until he passed out.
State Education Commissioner John King is on his way to Buffalo. He is coming for a forum on the Common Core curriculum, downtown Thursday.
The Jo Bros are playing at Kissmas Bash Thursday night at the First Niagara Center. But the band split in September, saying there’s a deep rift.
A one-car crash backed up Route 33 inbound Thursday, around 6:30 a.m. The accident happened on Route 33 West before the Route 198 split.