PEMBROKE, N.Y. (WIVB) - A DWI checkpoint in Genesee County overnight led to six arrests.
State Police were stationed along Rt. 5 in the Town of Pembroke. As a result of the checkpoint, the following were arrested:
- 43-year-old Mark Newton of Batavia, charged with DWI
- 48-year-old Edith Williams of Buffalo, charged with seventh degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- 41-year-old Christopher Palmer of Akron, charged with DWAI by drugs
- 54-year-old Armand Cummer of Amherst, charged with felony DWI
- 31-year-old Frederick Perry of Corfu, charged with DWI
- 25-year-old Nathan Swimline of Corfue, charged with DWI
Police say all will appear in Town of Pembroke Court at a later date.
A jury has convicted 16-year-old Dylan Schumaker of second degree murder in the death of his girlfriend's young son.
Police say a Mercedes Benz was making a left turn, when it failed to yield the right of way and struck the police car.
Deputies say they found 43 bags of crack cocaine when they executed a search warrant on a vehicle in Orleans County.
Lake effect snow warning from Tuesday evening until Thursday morning
A Buffalo city jail cell block attendant was arrested early Saturday morning on multiple animal cruelty charges.
The brother of Buffalo's deputy police commissioner is going to prison for taking part in a major drug-trafficking operation run by the Afro Dogs motorcycle club.