WARSAW, N.Y. (WIVB) - After a grand jury indictment, five people were arrested Thursday by the Wyoming County Drug Task Force and charged with selling pills throughout the area.
The following people are facing charges:
- Joshua Szlapak, 29, of Gainesville - charged with fifth degree criminal sale of a controlled substance after allegedly selling Amphetamine in May 2013. Szlapak is being held on $5,000 bail.
- Michael Semar, 35, of Warsaw - charged with two counts of fifth degree criminal sale of a controlled substance and tw counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell after allegedly selling Buprenorphine on two occasions. Semar is being held on $5,000 bail.
- William Roll, Jr., 57, of Attica - charged with criminal sale of a narcotic drug and criminal possession of a narcotic drug with intent to sell after allegedly selling morphine in May 2013. Roll is being held on $5,000 bail.
- Lorraine Whiting, 36, of Delevan - charged two counts of fifth degree criminal sale of a controlled substance and two counts of fifth degree criminal possession of a controlled substance after allegedly selling Alprazolam and Hydrocodone in March and April of this year. Whiting is being held on $5,000 bail.
- Debra Hamilton, 53, of Franklinville - Hamilton is Whiting's mother. She has been charged with fifth degree criminal sale of a controlled substance and fifth degree criminal possession of a controlled substance after she allegedly sold 10 Hydrocodone tablets with her daughter in April 2010. Hamilton is being held on $5,000 bail.
The drug task force is made up of officers from the Arcade, Attica, Perry and Warsaw police departments, as well as deputies from the Wyoming County Sheriff's Office.
A jury has convicted 16-year-old Dylan Schumaker of second degree murder in the death of his girlfriend's young son.
Police say a Mercedes Benz was making a left turn, when it failed to yield the right of way and struck the police car.
Deputies say they found 43 bags of crack cocaine when they executed a search warrant on a vehicle in Orleans County.
Lake Effect Snow Warning for S. Erie, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Wyoming counties from Tues evening until Thurs morning
A Buffalo city jail cell block attendant was arrested early Saturday morning on multiple animal cruelty charges.
A Western New York native and Iraq War veteran has died after a hit and run accident in Colorado Springs, Colorado.