DARIEN CENTER, N.Y. (WIVB) - More than 100 people are facing charges after Wednesday night's Dave Matthews Band concert at Darien Lake Performing Arts Center.
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says 39-year-old ToniMarie Gigante, of Buffalo, caused a disturbance and refused to leave the concert venue. She was arrested for disorderly conduct and arraigned in Darien Town Court. She was remanded to jail in lieu of $250 bail.
Officials say 30-year-old Christopher Grasso pushed an officer while he was breaking a disturbance. Grasso, of Rochester, was arrested for second-degree harassment. He was arraigned in Darien Town Court.
Fairport resident Shane Curry, 18, is accused of attempting to fight a deputy in the concert venue. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and arraigned in Darien Court. Curry posted $100 bail.
Police say four people were arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana. They were each issued appearance tickets for later this month. Charged are 20-year-old Kelsey Sargent, of Lewiston, 20-year-old Matthew Ortiz, of Rochester, 24-year-old Richard Bailey, of Farmington and 18-year-old Keith Langdon, of Penfield.
The sheriff's office detailed the following arrests:
- A 17-year-old man of Rochester, NY arrested for Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th and Unlawful Possession of Marijuana after allegedly possessing Oxycodone and marijuana.
- Michael D. Capezzuto age 19 of Victor, NY arrested for Criminal Mischief 4th after allegedly jumping onto the hood of a car causing damage.
- A 17-year-old man of Buffalo, NY arrested for Trespass after allegedly jumping a fence into a restricted area of the concert venue.
- John M. Vandemoortel age 31 of CWaterloo, NY arrested for Disordley Conduct after allegedly using obscene language causing a disturbance.
- Robert C. Stapleton age 44 of Ovid, NY arrested for Disorderly Conduct after allegedly fighting with security while being escorted from the concert venue.
- John J. Stefaniak age 18 of Hamburg, NY arrested for Criminal Trespass 3rd after allegedly jumping a fence into the concert venue after being previously ejected from the concert.
- Lawrence J. Lent age 20 of Fairport, NY arrested for Trespass after allegedly re-entering the concert venue after being told not to return.
- Patrick T. Van Vortel age 19 Pittsford, NY arrested for Harassment 2nd after allegedly striking a Deputy while being ejected from the concert venue.
- Matthew D. Wieczorek age 44 of Syracuse, NY arrested for Trespass after allegedly re-entering the concert venue after being ejected.
- Rachel M. Sanchez age 24 of Angola, NY arrested for Disorderly Conduct after allegedly using obscene language and causing a disturbance while exiting the concert venue.
- A 17-year-old woman of E. Amherst, NY arrested for Trespass after allegedly entering the concert venue without a ticket.
About 90 people under the age of 21 were charged with possession of alcohol with intent to consume.
An airman from Niagara Falls was away training for the Air Force for months. After being apart from his family, he decided to surprise them at Kelly’s Country Store in Grand Island.
Hundreds of workers, politicians and residents of Chautauqua County rallied in Dunkirk calling on state regulators to approve plans for NRG to convert and reopen a power plant.
The death of 30 year-old Desirae James remains a mystery. Her body was found inside a burning car last month and sources say she was stabbed several times.
Dozens of loved ones gathered at the crime scene Saturday night to remember the …
Buffalo police homicide detectives have identified an Eggertsville man as the victim of a shooting Saturday morning.
Detectives say Brandon Cahee, 28, was found in an upper apartment of a home on Ericson Avenue, and he had been shot.
Rookie Mike Glennon rebounded from one of his worst performances of the season to throw two touchdown passes and lead the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a 27-6 victory over the struggling Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
Seventy-two years after the attack that launched the US into World War II, Western New Yorkers remembered the fatal day at Pearl Harbor Hawaii.