ALDEN, N.Y. (WIVB) - The Village of Alden has issued a boil water notice after a test came back positive for bacteria in the supply.
Officials testing the village's water system found E. coli in one of the wells. They immediately took it out of service and discovered an animal's nest next to the well. Crews will trap the animal, remove the nest and disinfect the well.
Residents are advised to boil their water as a precautionary measure. The village is working with the Erie County Health Department to determine when the contamination is no longer present. It will likely be several days.
Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth and preparing food. Bring your tap water for a rolling boil for a full minute before allowing to cool and using.
A man who was wrongly convicted of second degree murder in 2009 has been set free after spending four years in prison.
Investigators are trying to determine who dumped a dog on the side of the road inside a zipped up Coors Light thermal bag.
A man once featured on the Cattaraugus County Top 10 Most Wanted List has pleaded guilty after being extradited from Indiana.
Two men have been arrested by Wyoming County Sheriff's deputies and charged with selling heroin in the Village of Attica.
Cold and breezy with snow increasing in coverage into the overnight hours.
A woman was arrested Sunday after she allegedly tried to bite her neighbor during an argument over offensive odors.