BEIJING (AP) — State media say that 15 people have died in a leak of liquid ammonia at a refrigeration unit of a plant in Shanghai.
The one-sentence report from the official Xinhua News Agency on Saturday did not give any other details.
Phone calls to Shanghai government information office and the Shanghai work safety bureau rang unanswered Saturday.
Industrial accidents are common in China due to lax safety and building standards.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
There is a hearing Thursday in Buffalo about the use of medical marijuana. So far 20 states and Washington D.C. allow it.
Common Core, a new wave of educational standards now being implemented across the country, is causing controversy across the nation, and took center stage in Jamestown Wednesday evening.
In an effort to combat childhood obesity, a local school district is now banning a popular sweet treat.
BJ's Wholesale Club put out an advertisement offering a full week of Black Friday bargains, including deep discounts on big screen TVs that would save customers hundreds of dollars.
New York State Police released the included surveillance photos after a theft that happened on November 24th, around 6:30 a.m.
This year, some local students are getting out their pens and paper to make sure other children have a happy holiday this year.