BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - The Peace Bridge Authority is offering border crossing tips to Buffalo Bills fans who are crossing the bridge Sunday on their way Ralph Wilson Stadium from southern Ontario.
The PBA shared the following tips:
- Enroll in NEXUS and E-ZPass to help significantly expedite your border crossing. To learn more, visit www.nexusniagara.com and www.peacebridge.com/ezpass.
- Visit mobile.peacebridge.com on your web-enabled mobile device or call 1 (800) 715-6722 to obtain wait times for Buffalo/Niagara Region international crossings, including the Peace Bridge.
- Prior to arriving at the U.S. border have proper identification ready to present to Customs officers. Such documents include: Enhanced Driver's licenses, Enhanced Non-Driver Identification, FAST Cards, NEXUS Cards, Permanent Resident Cards, Passports, and U.S. Passport Cards for travelers 16 years of age and older, and birth certificates, naturalization certificates, or Canadian citizenship cards which are acceptable forms of identification for most children 15 years of age and younger. For more information regarding entering the United States visit www.peacebridge.com/id; or for identification requirements for entering Canada visit http://cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html.
- If traveling with children less than 16 years of age who are not part of your immediate family, obtain and carry a parental note of permission regarding cross-border travel. The note should include each child's parental contact information and telephone numbers.
- Other than essential luggage or tailgating equipment, empty your trunk before the trip. Additional belongings in your car may add time to your crossing, as customs agents may perform a visual inspection of the belongings in your car.
- Turn off radios and cell phones when approaching Customs inspection booths and speaking with officers.
- Remember to roll down the driver and rear passenger windows, remove sunglasses, and make eye contact with Customs officers.
- Be sure to declare all fruits, vegetables, plants and plant products, animals, birds, eggs, meat and meat products, as well as items acquired for personal use.
- Be patient. Approach inspection booths slowly and follow signage instructions.
- Do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Buffalo Police have arrested 26-year-old Nicholas Finnegan of South Buffalo and charged him with pushing Russ Ross to his death.
The Niagara County Sheriff's responded to Saunders Settlement Road near Comstock in Cambria Friday night after receiving a tip about a suspected meth lab.
Police say there were 32 burglaries, 20 in Albion, five in Medina, four in Oakfield and three in the City of Lockport.
Firefighters had to withdraw from a smoky fire in Blasdell at a multi-dwelling home on South Park Avenue Friday night because the flames were so intense.
Call 4 Action looked into claims this week that members of BJ's Wholesale Club were paying too much on sales tax on some deeply discounted items.
State Police in Pennsylvania are investigating an alleged pedophile pastor already facing charges in Western New York.