BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - A Buffalo bar at the center of the Chip Strip controversy released a statement overnight.
A post on Lux Nightclub's Facebook page went viral Wednesday, and users of the social networking site went into commotion.
Lux, on Chippewa Street, said it would continue to allow 18-and-up patrons on Thursday nights, despite the fact that city laws prohibit the under-21 crowd in Entertainment District bars.
Here is what Lux sent News 4 around 3:30 a.m. Friday, "After talking with the city, we were informed our live entertainment would not permit an 18+ designation, and we immediately made our event 21+. LUX does not support the 18+ ban but it was our priority and always will be, to follow the laws to the fullest and abide by guidelines set forth. "
A six-month ordinance allowing "co mingling" expired Tuesday. Some say this will take away all their fun, that it's more about the experience than drinking.
"I'm a dancer so when I went out with all my dancer friends, it was all about dancing and just having straight up fun and I think every 18 year old and up besides 21 deserves that chance," said one Chippewa Street patron. "We come down here to have fun, dance."
But when pressed about whether or not drinking was part of the gun, one young woman says she'd take a guess at how many minors drink when allowed int he bar, "Eighty percent are drinking and it's sad but it's true, and I've got to keep it real."
When News 4 was on Chippewa Street Thursday night, we didn't see any arrests being made. Chippewa Street patrons spoke with News 4 and said police were patrolling and checking IDs.
A Buffalo city jail cell block attendant was arrested early Saturday morning on multiple animal cruelty charges.
Slippery spots today, lakes become more active through the middle of the week.
Police say that with the assistance of local media, they were able to identify the person responsible.
Monday is being billed as a national "Day of Action" among teachers and community groups who are worried about the state of education.
The jury listened to disturbing testimony last week and Monday they could begin deciding the teenager’s fate.
It's been one month since Typhoon Haiyan barreled through the Philippines, leveling towns and killing nearly 6,000 people.