DALE, NY (WIVB) - Carbon monoxide poisoning is blamed for a death in Wyoming County this past weekend.
Paul and Annette Kaczmarek of Dale Road were found in their home on Sunday morning by a relative who was meeting them for breakfast. The Batavia News reports that Paul, 72, was found face down on the floor of the couple's kitchen. His wife, 74, was slumped over her wheelchair nearby.
First responders noticed a burning sensation to the eyes when entering the home, which lead him to suspect carbon monoxide poisoning.
Paul was taken to Wyoming County Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Annette remains hospitalized there.
Authorities say the alarms inside the home did not have batteries.
NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has obtained a court order to prevent a Buffalo woman from ever selling puppies again.
A 24-year-old man being sought after his mother and brother were found dead in their Lehigh Acres, Florida home may be heading to Buffalo.
Around 5 p.m. on Thursday near the corner of Model City Road and Rt. 104, police say 84-year-old Jose Martinez was hit by a car driven by 82-year-old Maura Nolan. Both are residents of Lewiston.
Intense Lk Snow North early heads back to Ski Country Late; General Snow Saturday
It appears snowy weather scared off about half the crowd expected at Thursday night's Common Core forum at WNED TV studios in Buffalo.
GingerBread Lane, a 300-square-foot village made entirely of edible gingerbread, icing and candy, has been designated world's largest gingerbread village by Guinness World Records.