BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Police officers will patrol the tables of several Applebee’s restaurants Thursday night. They are swapping their badges and handcuffs for serving trays and menus.
The event is part of the restaurant’s annual Law and Orders Fundraiser for the Special Olympics. Agents from across the region will be there to greet customers and help servers. The event runs from 5 until 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
Participating Western New York Restaurant Locations:
· Amherst: 1641 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Amherst, NY14228
· Buffalo: 2656 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14216
· Dunkirk: 3908 Vineyard Drive, Dunkirk, NY 14048
· Hamburg: 4405 Milestrip Road, Blasdell, NY 14219
· Jamestown: 340 East Fairmount Avenue, Lakewood, NY 14750
· Lancaster: 4967 Transit Road, Depew, NY 14043
· Lockport: 5822 South Transit Road, Lockport, NY 14094
· Niagara Falls: 1608 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY 14304
· Olean: 3067 West State Street, Olean, NY 14760
· Transit: 5107 Transit Road, Williamsville, NY 14221
· West Seneca: 1050 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
There is a hearing Thursday in Buffalo about the use of medical marijuana. So far 20 states and Washington D.C. allow it.
Common Core, a new wave of educational standards now being implemented across the country, is causing controversy across the nation, and took center stage in Jamestown Wednesday evening.
In an effort to combat childhood obesity, a local school district is now banning a popular sweet treat.
BJ's Wholesale Club put out an advertisement offering a full week of Black Friday bargains, including deep discounts on big screen TVs that would save customers hundreds of dollars.
Sales tax revenues are on the rise in 2013, according to Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz.
Sheriff Tim Howard announced Thursday that accident reports will now be available online at crashdocs.org and from the sheriff’s website.