GRAND ISLAND, N.Y. (WIVB) - Grand Island firefighters responded to a blaze just before 2 a.m. Thursday, along Grand Island Boulevard. Firefighters say two adults and two children managed to escape the flames.
According to investigators, the fire was sparked by careless smoking.
Grand Island Fire Company Chief Kevin Koch said, "At this point the cause appears to be careless disposal of a smoking material, all the occupants escaped safely, without injury."
Damage to the home is estimated at $10,000. Crews on the scene treated a female firefighter for exhaustion.
A jury has convicted 16-year-old Dylan Schumaker of second degree murder in the death of his girlfriend's young son.
A second arrest has now been made in connection to a suspected meth lab on Saunders Settlement Road in Cambria.
Minor Lk Snow develops & shifts south. Lake Snow increases later Tue north & settles south.
The Erie County Water Authority is warning the public about people posing as water meter service workers.
A City of Buffalo employee who was arrested over the weekend on animal cruelty charges says he did nothing wrong.
America's oldest state park is in the midst of a major makeover and officials are giving a clearer picture of what's next for Niagara Falls.