(CNN) - Ordinarily, we wouldn't report on a house fire in a small town that didn't harm anyone. But what makes this one different is its cause - a spider.
Well, make that a homeowner trying to get rid of a spider.
The Chico Enterprise-Record in California reports the homeowner was using a blowtorch to remove cobwebs in the yard.
The flame ignited some dry plants and before you know it, the house was on fire.
The family got out safely, but firefighters told the newspaper there's about $25,000 in damage to the house.
Eighty-two-year-old Edward Spencer was making a left hand turn while exiting the Budwey's parking lot when he struck 52-year-old Sandra Garner and 55-year-old Kevin Nowak, according to authorities.
An angry mother who claims her daughter was dropped-off miles away from home wants answers.
Deputies say a teen driver fell asleep at the wheel early Thursday morning before crashing head-on with another vehicle.
Police say a Jamestown man was selling crack cocaine out of his barber shop on East Second Street.
Experts are being brought into Niagara Falls to deal with a rat problem that Mayor Paul Dyster calls "extraordinary," and neighbors say they have had enough.
A southern tier school district employee facing child porn charges appeared before a judge in Villenova Town Court on Thursday.