WEST SENECA, N.Y. (WIVB) - A West Seneca teen is dead after apparent carbon monoxidepoisoning. Town of West Seneca police say two 16-year-old girlswere having a sleep over and were found unresponsive in thebasement of a Windmill Road home early this morning. One of thegirls was not breathing.
The two girls were sleeping on a partitioned portion of thebasement. Devon Sharvan who lives at the home and Amanda Hansenwere both rushed to South Buffalo Mercy Hospital. Amanda Hansen waspronounced dead by the attending emergency room physician.
National Fuel gas workers detected high levels of carbonmonoxide in the basement near a boiler room for the baseboardheating system.
The parents of Devon Sharvan and a 13-year-old sibling alsocomplained of dizziness and were taken to South Buffalo MercyHospital.
A man who was wrongly convicted of second degree murder in 2009 has been set free after spending four years in prison.
Investigators are trying to determine who dumped a dog on the side of the road inside a zipped up Coors Light thermal bag.
A man once featured on the Cattaraugus County Top 10 Most Wanted List has pleaded guilty after being extradited from Indiana.
New research shows three popular methods of quitting smoking do not increase risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Sergio Rodriguez announced Tuesday that he intends to run for the Buffalo School Board. He plans to run for one of three seats that will be up for election in May.
Children are making their wish lists for Santa Claus while consumer groups are making their own lists for parents.