The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Bills ready to “put their heads down” and get back to work offensively
- Cuomo announces red zone restriction adjustments
- From muted mics to topics chosen, here’s what you need to know about the final Trump-Biden debate
- Cattaraugus County expanding rapid COVID testing
- NY-27 candidates debate at St. Joe’s