The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Kenmore’s Mojo Market offers healthy options with locally-sourced goods
- Kulpa’s Amherst golf dream begins to take shape, including hope for Topgolf
- Senate prepares for COVID-19 relief bill voting marathon Friday
- Maia Chaka named first Black woman added to NFL officiating staff
- WATCH: Mayor Brown’s 2021 State of the City Address