The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Bills CB Tre’Davious White says he is “undecided” about playing in 2020
- Construction of pavilion to house carousel begins at Canalside
- 11 more cases of COVID-19 found in Niagara County
- Power restored to more than 21,000 NYSEG customers in Erie County
- Lockport man gets probation for incident involving pistol following crash in north Buffalo