The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Police in Kentucky appear to shoot TV reporter, photographer with pepper balls
- Taking care of your mental health; setting boundaries amid COVID-19
- Free mask giveaway Saturday morning at Delavan-Grider Community Center
- Protesters shut down I-64 in Hampton in response to George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis
- New York State releases guidelines for salons, barbershops in Phase Two of reopening