ATLANTA (AP) — Jose Alvarado scored nine of his 16 points in the second half and Georgia Tech rallied after giving up a 20-point lead to beat Miami, 63-57, keeping alive dreams of landing a first-round bye in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament for the first time in 10 years.
Fellow guard Michael Devoe added 14 points for Tech (15-14, 9-9 ACC) and center James Banks III pitched in 13 points, 14 rebounds and two blocked shots.
Miami point guard Chris Lykes paced the Hurricanes (14-14, 6-12) with 14 points.
- Should I be tested for COVID-19? 3 signs you may need the test
- ‘Saw the love of God’: COVID-19 patient who left heartwarming message on clinic window shares story
- Texts, not door-knocks: Census outreach shifts amid virus
- What’s essential? In France: pastry, wine. In US: golf, guns
- Texas DJ hosts curbside performances to uplift residents