PITTSBURGH (AP) – Freshman Justin Champagnie poured in a career-high 30 points and Pittsburgh pulled away from Georgia Tech 73-64.
Champagnie made 12 of 17 shots, including all three of his 3-point attempts as the Panthers bounced back from a tough road loss at Notre Dame by clamping down on the Yellow Jackets late.
Trey McGowens added 14 points and nine assists for Pitt. Terrell Brown finished with nine points and six rebounds in his first start since late November.
Michael Devoe led Georgia Tech with 22 points with seven assists sand Moses Wright scored 12 for the Yellow Jackets.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ban on New Yorkers from enrolling in Trusted Traveler Program may come to an end
- Home on West Utica St. torn down Thursday
- CDC: It’s not if, but when coronavirus spreads into clusters of cases in U.S.
- Number of flu cases decrease for second week amid record-breaking flu season
- Today is Pokémon Day!: Google announces the ‘Pokémon’ of the Year’