SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Elijah Hughes scored 19 points and matched his career high with nine assists, Buddy Boeheim added 15 points, and Syracuse beat Niagara 71-57.
Syracuse scored the first 10 points of the game and built a 16-point lead just over 6 minutes in on a three-point play by Hughes and the Purple Eagles couldn’t recover.
Syracuse ended its nonconference slate on a three-game winning streak.
Niagara has lost four straight under rookie coach Greg Paulus, a former Duke point guard.
- ‘To New Yorkers, I’m saying that I’m embarrassed by what happened’: Governor Cuomo addresses harassment claims
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Cuomo’s apology for offensive behavior has ironic twist for former assemblyman
- Shop Small 716: Witches of Wax
- Former EPA Administrator calls out ‘rough and tumble’ Cuomo administration