CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Kameron McGusty scored 19 points and the Miami Hurricanes shot 53% to withstand a late rally by streaky Pittsburgh and win 66-58.
The Panthers had scoring runs of 18-2 in the first half and 17-3 in the second half but never led.
After falling behind 46-26 with 14 minutes left they cut the deficit to 51-47 but could get no closer.
The Hurricanes beat Pittsburgh for the seventh time in a row.
The Panthers failed to build on their victory Wednesday at North Carolina, which ended a 22-game road losing streak in the ACC.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dozens of rhinos dehorned to prevent coronavirus lockdown poaching surge
- Operation Thanks From Above takes place in Southern Tier
- Buffalo NAACP, WNY Area Labor Federation calling for Day of Prayer and Reflection
- Cuomo: “We have a moment here where we can make change”
- Boat runs aground on Lake Erie breakwall