PITTSBURGH (AP) – Xavier Johnson scored seven of his 13 points in the final 3 minutes as Pittsburgh held off Miami 62-57.
Trey McGowens led Pitt (14-8, 5-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) with 17 points. Au’Diese Toney scored 15 points and grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds for the Panthers, who snapped a seven-game losing streak to the Hurricanes.
Rodney Miller tied a career-high with 16 points for Miami (11-10, 3-8).
Isaiah Wong added 15 points, Harlond Beverly chipped in 11 and DJ Vasiljevic scored 10 to go with nine rebounds.
However, the shorthanded Hurricanes lost for the fifth time in six games.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton day-to-day, won’t make trip to Washington
- Love candy? Company hiring candy testers
- Honoring their hometown heroes: some Bills players get extra support ahead of Sunday’s game
- Teachers Federation and parents weigh-in on BPS reopening plan
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster