CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Isaiah Wong scored 18 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and the Miami Hurricanes made all six free throws in the extra period to beat Syracuse 69-65.
The Hurricanes saved their best shooting for overtime, when they went 3 for 6.
They shot 37 percent for the game and went 10 for 31 from beyond the arc.
Syracuse forward Elijah Hughes, the leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference, took a blow to the head and sat out after halftime.
He played all 20 minutes in the first half and scored eight points.
Miami broke a three-game losing streak.
- Bills CB Tre’Davious White says he is “undecided” about playing in 2020
- Construction of pavilion to house carousel begins at Canalside
- 11 more cases of COVID-19 found in Niagara County
- Power restored to more than 21,000 NYSEG customers in Erie County
- Lockport man gets probation for incident involving pistol following crash in north Buffalo