RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State’s men’s basketball team will be without one of its key contributors from last season’s roster.
DJ Funderburk, a redshirt junior, was suspended indefinitely for “violation of team policy” according to the university’s athletic office.
No specifics were made available into why exactly Funderburk was suspended.
Funderburk played in 36 games last season, starting one. He averaged 8.8 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game and was a steady contributor from the field (55 percent) and the free throw line (78.5 percent).
- Erie County Health commissioner: This flu season, avoid the “one-two” punch of influenza and COVID-19 with a flu shot
- We Lost Walt: A COVID-19 Death in Erie County
- Despite discouraged trick-or-treating, Buffalo families celebrate Beggar’s Night, prepare for Halloween
- Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird announce engagement on social media
- Day seven of early voting: 21.8 percent of Erie County’s registered voters have cast their ballot early