CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off
- WATCH: Gov. Cuomo presents 2022 executive budget
- GALLERY: Snow hits the southtowns, Buffalo and more
- BKL Poll: Do you believe the experience of playing the Chiefs earlier in the season will help the Bills in the AFC Championship game?
- UB professors create E.X.C.E.L.L. to help people get creative