BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Landers Nolley II had his first career double-double, freshman Hunter Catoor set season highs with 17 points and five 3-pointers, and Virginia Tech cruised to a 92-37 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Nolley finished with 18 points and a career-best 10 rebounds. John Ojiako added 15 points, Tyrece Radford scored 13 and Jalen Cone 11 for the Hokies.
Nolley hit a 3-pointer to start the scoring and another to cap a 32-5 run over the first 12-plus minutes of the game.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Don’t leave hand sanitizer in your car, fire department says
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries
- Minneapolis police chief apologizes to George Floyd’s family, says his department contributed to city’s “deficit of hope”
- Rasmus Ristolainen says he’s ‘one of the first ones’ traded if the Sabres make changes
- Top spellers prepare to crown national champion, from home