BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Some of Buffalo’s best restaurants went head-to-head Sunday to figure out who serves the best meatballs.
The “Meatball Street Brawl” returned to West Mohawk Street Sunday. 15 local restaurants compete in two categories. The best traditional, and best free-style recipe.
Osteria 166 organizes the street brawl every year.
And the owner says the support from the community is overwhelming.
“I gotta tell you, I’m touched, I’m honored. It’s pretty awesome. I can’t really describe it other than I’m so thrilled. I’m a nervous wreck before this thing every year and it’s always ‘What if they don’t show up?’ And they showed up,” said Nick Pitillo, Osteria 166.
BEST TRADITIONAL MEATBALL
- Judge’s Choice: Ristorante Lombardo
- People’s Choice (1st): Amici Ristorante
- People’s Choice (2nd): Marco’s
- People’s Choice (3rd): Frankie Primo’s +39
BEST FREESTYLE MEATBALL
- Judge’s Choice: Osteria 166 – Gluten-free chicken jambalaya meatball
- People’s Choice (1st): Finnerty’s Tap Room – Reuben meatball
- People’s Choice (2nd): Dobutsu – Pork with lemongrass and ginger meatball
- People’s Choice (3rd): Sto Lat Bar – Golabki meatball
New on WIVB.com
- After 50 years, veterans come to Buffalo to honor fallen brother-in-arms
- New exhibit celebrating Erie County’s bicentennial opens at Buffalo History Museum
- BPO Music Director JoAnn Falletta talks upcoming concert, Concertmaster Nikki Chooi performs
- Amherst Town Supervisor candidates talk platform, vision for town
- ‘Nowhere left to turn’: RCSD teacher details alleged sexual assault by student