BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The United Way of Buffalo and Erie County has launched phase 1 of The Buffalo Together Community Response Fund.
Although it was established in the wake of the horrific racist mass shooting at the Tops Market on Jefferson Avenue on May 14th, according to UWBE, the organization will begin to distribute initial support to 70 Black-led organizations that have had a meaningful and long-term presence in the community before this tragic event.
To learn more about the partnership between the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County and some of the city’s non-profits, click here.
New on WIVB.com
- “We will not comply.”: Pro-choice protesters demonstrate in Niagara Sq. and Delaware Ave.
- Josh Duggar transferred to federal facility
- Bill Clinton: Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision has ‘put our democracy at risk’
- New York to hold free fishing weekend June 25-26
- How to watch the Democratic gubernatorial forum on PIX11 ahead of the primary