SANBORN, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Niagara Wheatfield Central School District will be closed Friday due to big staff shortages from COVID-19.
The district said the staff shortage is “overwhelming,” particularly in its transportation department. They said all other options have been exhausted and could not ensure all students would be transported to school in a reasonable timeframe Friday.
School administration is confident students will return to the classroom come Tuesday, based on the expected return date of quarantining staff. School is closed Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
For updates, click here.
New on WIVB.com
- NHL Black Hockey History Tour coming to Buffalo in March
- Rochester family attacked with hockey stick near Blue Cross Arena
- Jordan Cashmyer of MTV’s ’16 and Pregnant’ dead at 26
- ‘Baby Shark’ becomes the most-watched video on YouTube, surpasses 10 billion views
- NYS landmarks to be lit red, green and black for MLK Day