BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — September isn’t just the end of Summer, it’s also Childhood Cancer Awareness month. But, the WNY founded non-profit, P.U.N.T, also known as the Pediatric Cancer Collaborative, is committed to aiding families of sick children 365 days of the year.
Created by former Bills punter Brian Moorman, the organization runs and funds six programs geared toward families facing a pediatric cancer diagnosis. Essentially, their mission is to help families in the ways they need it most in their darkest hour.
For mothers like Jill Rodo who’s daughter, Gia was diagnosed around Thanksgiving of 2018, she says P.U.N.T’s assistance made all of the difference.
To learn more about the Pediatric Cancer Collaborative, click here.
New on WIVB.com
- Buffalo Bills host 50 Yard Finish 5k race
- Buffalo Bills Alumni Foundation kicks off busy weekend of events
- Fantastic Friends of WNY put on fashion show to celebrate people with special needs
- Niagara County hosting career fair to recruit school bus drivers on October 2
- Buffalo Schools’ bus provider First Student has over 100 interviews for drivers scheduled