The Ready 4 School supply drive helps local students succeed in the classroom. The goal is to supply 500 fully stocked backpacks to students in need.
HOW TO HELP: You can pick up school supplies at any participating Wegmans location and drop them in the Ready 4 School bin. The Salvation Army will pack the supplies into backpacks and deliver them to children in need. All supplies will be displayed together in stores. You can also donate at Buffalo.SalvationArmy.org.
DATES: The drive runs from Monday, July 19 through Friday, July 30.
LIVE KICKOFF: On Monday, July 19, News 4 will be LIVE at Wegmans during Wake Up, News 4 at Noon, and News 4 at 4 to kick off the Ready 4 School drive.
SPONSORS: Along with News 4, this program is sponsored by Wegmans, The Salvation Army, Fidelis and First Student.
Each stocked backpack contains:
- 3 – solid color wide-ruled notebooks
- 2 – composition notebooks
- 6 – two-pocket folders
- 3 – large glue sticks (or 9 small glue sticks)
- 1 – Fiskars blunt-tip scissors
- 1 – large boxes of tissues
- 1 – box of 24 crayons
- 1 – box of colored pencils
- 1 – package of washable colored markers
- 1 – large pink eraser
- 12 – No. 2 pencils
- 2 – Expo dry erase whiteboard markers
- 1 – box of snack-sized resealable plastic bags
- 1 – large container of baby or antibacterial moist wipes
Backpacks will be distributed on Aug. 20 at The Salvation Army’s Summer Camp Carnival, held at their 960 Main St. location.