BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A wife, mother and teacher from Grand Island is waiting for new lungs and now there is a call for community support, hoping to let her and her family breathe a little easier.
On this week’s Sweet Buffalo Monday, News 4 at 7 was joined by Deanna Morris, her husband John and their daughters Lydia and Celia, along with Kim LaRussa from Sweet Buffalo.
You can watch the full segment above.
To donate to a GoFundMe to help support the family with housing, daily expenses and uncovered medical bills, click here.
- Volunteer work and donations turns $1 into community center worth millions
- Richard Nigro elected as Buffalo Teachers Federation president after runoff
- Two killed in airplane crash at Jamestown Airport
- Missing teenager from Texas found in Lockport
- Cheektowaga man sentenced for killing girlfriend’s kittens
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.