BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Everyone experiences grief at some point in their life, but losing a child is something nobody is prepared for.
P.U.N.T. is partnering with the Erie County Department of Mental Health to help educate people on how to support those suffering from grief and loss.
On this Sweet Buffalo Monday, News 4 at 7 was joined by Gwen Mysiak of P.U.N.T Pediatric Collaborative, Jonathan McGrath, a father who lost his 2-year-old son to pediatric cancer in May 2021, and Kate Tolley of Be A Blessing Buffalo.
You can watch the full segment above.
On May 20, the two organizations will present the WNY Child Loss Symposium. It will go from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the M Hotel (formerly Millenium) at 2040 Walden Avenue in Buffalo. To register for the event, click here.
- Man accused of stealing dozens of Buffalo parking meters
- Teaching safety skills with swimming lessons
- Ransomville man killed in motorcycle accident in Lewiston
- Why wildfire smoke could return to WNY
- “I’m at the verge of not being able to move forward”: Cannabis farmers grow impatient waiting for legal dispensaries to open
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.