BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Sweet Buffalo and Sonic Drive-In are teaming up for a special fundraiser to help start Western New York’s latest non-profit in the fight against pediatric cancer.
The Kangaroos & Keeley Kares for Kids Fundraiser will happen at the Sonic Drive-In on Union Road in Cheektowaga on May 23.
On this week’s Sweet Buffalo Monday, News 4 at 7 was joined by 10-year-old Keeley, her parents Laura and Mike, Rachel Keller, the director of marketing for Sonic Drive-In, Kim LaRussa of Sweet Buffalo and a pair of kangaroos from Niagara DownUnder.
You can watch the full segment above.
To learn more about the event, click here.
- Second teen arrested in connection with traffic stop that resulted in officer injury
- ‘I don’t think she would’ve survived’: West Seneca police officer buys A/C unit for 81-year-old woman
- ‘You guys got involved,’ Call 4 Action helps get bogus school bus citation voided
- Western New York veterans receive long-overdue honor
- Buffalo Greek Festival taking place this weekend
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.