BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Are you looking for something to do as the holiday season rolls around? Here’s a list of events you can enjoy in the coming months, from tree lighting ceremonies to winter festivities, across Western New York.
🎄 Tree lighting ceremonies
- Buffalo Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration
- 6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 9 at the Rotary Rink. Festivities kick off with free ice skating at 5 p.m. and conclude with a fireworks display over Fountain Plaza.
- Rath Building Christmas Tree Lighting
- 5 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 5 at the Rath Building Plaza. Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz will be joined by other officials and members of the public to officially light the 30-foot Rath Building Christmas tree.
🎊 Other festivities and events
- Ice at Canalside
- Opening day is delayed to Friday, Dec. 1, and first weekend will feature music, giveaways, fireworks, a visit from Santa Claus himself, and more.
- Fairgrounds Festival of Lights
- Gates open 5-9 p.m. Nov. 24-26, Dec. 1-3, 8-10, 15-23. Features a variety of holiday-themed entertainment, including a drive-thru lights display and visits with Santa Claus himself. Find out more about the event and all its festivities here.
- Christmas in Ellicottville
- Festivities begin on Nov. 24 and last through Nov. 26. Festivities include a special lighting of the village’s lights and Ski Tree, free activities for kids, reindeer and a visit from Santa Claus himself. Find more info here.
- Hertel Christmas Market
- 12-8 p.m., Saturdays, 1849 Hertel Ave. Buffalo
- Dunkirk Holiday Parade
- 6:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 1 starting on Central Avenue. Pre-parade entertainment will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Christmas on Central Small Business Holiday Market (Downtown Dunkirk)
- 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 25
- Christmas in the Village (Youngstown)
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 9. Village Center 240 Lockport St.
- Santa Claus himself visits Walden Galleria
- 11 a.m., Friday, Nov. 17 Santa Claus himself will return to his temporary fireside lounge near the Apple Store. Reserve a photo session here.
- Lewiston Christmas Walk and Christmas Lights Parade
- Weekend-long festivities begin at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 1 with a tree lighting ceremony at Academy Park. Elves and Santa Claus himself arrive at 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 2 via helicopter. Additional Christmas festivities and events start at noon on Dec. 3. The lights parade will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 3.
- 51st Annual Carolcade in East Aurora
- The Carolcade will begin at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 23 along Main Street. Song books will be available in-person and online. Festivities include free hot chocolate and appearances from Santa Claus himself, and Mrs. Claus.
- Grand Menorah Lighting at Vidler’s 5 & 10
- 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 10 at 676 Main St., East Aurora. Rabbi Menachem Mendel Gurary of Chabad House in Buffalo officiates the free Chanukah celebration. Chanukah treats and hot chocolate will be available.
To add tree lighting ceremonies or holiday events, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org