BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Veterans in need of dental care have the opportunity to get a day of free treatment this November through the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
In honor of Veterans Day, UB is offering dental screenings, cleanings, extractions, restorations and denture repairs at no cost on November 13. The event is made possible through a partnership between UB Dental and the Eighth District Dental Society — it’s expected that nearly 200 Western New York veterans will take part.
The dental school says all veterans are welcome to participate, but appointments are limited. Time slots will be available from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UB Dental Clinic in Squire Hall on the South Campus. To schedule an appointment call (716) 829-2780.
“The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine is proud to help veterans who have helped our country. It is a small token of our appreciation to assist the folks who have defended our country when it has needed it the most,” Brendan Dowd, DDS, assistant dean for clinical operations in the UB School of Dental Medicine said.
Over 200 Buffalo-area dentists and hygienists, UB dental students, faculty and staff will be on hand to perform the free care.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Martin House celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with “Familia Fun Day”
- Borderland Festival wraps up two days of music
- Buffalo restaurants duke it out to see who serves the best meatball
- Fans turn out to cheer on the Bills at Chippewa Street block party
- The Walk to End Alzheimer’s steps off across WNY