BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The latest data from Erie County shows that the highest COVID-19 positivity rates are among children under 18.
The numbers show that the positivity rate among kids ages five to 17 is more than 6 percent.
Cases have more than doubled during the past four weeks for five to 10-year-olds. That’s a 76 percent increase from last week.
This comes as the number of cases in adults has been decreasing, and hospitalizations have been holding steady over the past two weeks.
- FDA says Pfizer COVID vaccine looks effective for young kids
- Wegmans begins offering Moderna, J&J COVID-19 booster shots
- School districts across WNY weigh in on potential vaccine approval for students as young as 5
- Pfizer says COVID vaccine is more than 90% effective in 5- to 11-year-olds
- Is it time for me to get a COVID-19 booster? And which one should I get?