Anyone age 16 and up who lives, works or studies in New York is now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at no cost. But finding an appointment can still be difficult.
News 4 wants to help. This page contains a collection of links to the numerous organizations that are offering appointments. This includes all state and local mass-vaccination sites and pop-up sites, plus links to major pharmacy chains and appointment aggregation sites.
Vaccine distribution is determined by New York state, and appointments are generally posted as soon as they become available — which could be at any time of day. If there are no appointments available within a distance you are willing to travel, please check back later.
New York State-operated vaccination sites
State site: Link, 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829)
This link includes vaccination sites at University at Buffalo South Campus, the Delavan-Grider Community Center, and Niagara Falls’ Conference & Event Center. Other vaccination sites around the state are listed here as well, including locations in Rochester and Syracuse.
- All state sites are open to walk-ins, though appointments are recommended.
- 1,000+ appointments are available at all three WNY locations (as of 5/3).
County sites and pop-ups
These are links to each county’s vaccination page, though they may or may not have appointments currently available. We will do our best to update this page with active appointments as they pop up.
Erie County: Link, (716) 858-2929
- Find the Erie County vaccination registration portal here.
- D’Youville College is offering vaccines to students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members who are at least 18 years old. To get an appointment, click here.
- 200+ appointments available at Resurgence Brewery on May 8 (as of 5/7)
- Appointments available at Flying Bison Brewing Company on May 12 (as of 5/7)
- 200+ appointments available at Community Church Jehovah on May 13 (as of 5/7)
- 200+ appointments available at Lake View Homes on May 17 (as of 5/7)
- 300 appointments available at Martha Mitchell Community Center on May 18 (as of 5/7)
Niagara County: Link, (716) 439-7430
- 100+ appointments available at Royalton-Hartland High School on May 11 (as of 5/7)
- 100+ appointments available at Barker Jr./Sr. High School on May 18 (as of 5/7)
- 100+ appointments available at Wilson High School on May 20 (as of 5/7)
- 100+ appointments available at Lewiston Porter Community Resource Center on May 25 (as of 5/7)
- 100+ appointments available at Newfane Middle School on May 27 (as of 5/7)
Chautauqua County: Link, (716) 753-4000
- Hundreds of appointments available at Brooks Memorial Hospital on May 5, 14 and 21. (as of 5/7)
- 100+ appointments available at Brocton Central School on May 7. (as of 5/7)
Cattaraugus County: Link, (716) 701-3777
- 200+ appointments available at JCC Cattaraugus – College Center on May 8 (as of 5/7)
- The Seneca Nation has notified school district leaders in Gowanda, Silver Creek, Lake Shore and Salamanca that eligible students and staff can sign up for vaccinations through the Seneca Nation Health System. Link, (716) 945-5894 (Allegany Territory, Salamanca), (716) 532-5582 (Cattaraugus Territory, Irving)
Allegany County: Link, (585) 268-9250
- Appointments available at American Legion Post 1168 on May 12 (as of 5/7)
- Appointments available at Bolivar Fire Hall on May 19 (as of 5/7)
- Appointments available at Belfast Fire Hall on May 26 (as of 5/7)
- The Seneca Nation has notified school district leaders in Gowanda, Silver Creek, Lake Shore and Salamanca that eligible students and staff can sign up for vaccinations through the Seneca Nation Health System. Link, (716) 945-5894 (Allegany Territory, Salamanca), (716) 532-5582 (Cattaraugus Territory, Irving) (as of 4/19)
Orleans and Genesee counties: Link, (585) 344-2580
Appointments are available to the public, but these counties are hoping to target Orleans and Genesee residents. Appointments are also available by phone – Genesee residents, call (585) 815-7168; Orleans residents, call (585) 589-3170.
- 10 appointments available at the Orleans County Health Department on May 7 (as of 5/7)
Wyoming County: Link, (585) 786-8890
Vaccine searching databases
UB’s Vaccine Hound site: Link
UB operates a site that uses the combined resources of automated data and human volunteers to find appointments in Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus and Allegany counties. Their list includes some local pharmacies.
Vaccine Finder is an initiative backed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and operated by Boston Children’s Hospital. It aggregates data from around the country and links to sites with availability. You can search by zip code.
Major pharmacy chains
These sites may ask you to log in or create an account.
- Walgreens: Link, 1-800-WALGREENS (1-800-925-4733)
- Rite Aid: Link
- CVS: Link
- Wegmans: Link
- Tops Markets: Link
- Walmart: Link
Local pharmacies and health organizations
Local pharmacies across Western New York may be able to offer vaccinations, but supply is likely to be limited and many have customers on waiting lists. Please contact your local pharmacy to inquire with them.
If you run a pharmacy and your location has enough doses to offer public appointments and would like to be featured here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit Park Pharmacy: Link
This Niagara Falls pharmacy at 2578 Niagara Falls Blvd. has several appointments available for Saturday, April 24 and Monday, April 26. (As of 4/22)
Jericho Road: Link
Jericho Road, a community health center with multiple locations in Buffalo, is offering the Moderna vaccine to those 18 and up. There is no zip code requirement.
Native Pride Pop-Up Registration: Link
After registering, the Greater Buffalo United Accountable Heathcare Network (GBUAHN) will contact you with availability.
Erie County Medical Center (ECMC): Link
ECMC announced Saturday (4/17) there are several reservations available for anyone 16+ years of age or older at its COVID-19 Vaccine Center. That’s located on the ground floor of its main hospital building at 462 Grider St.
Brighton Eggert Pharmacy: Link
The pharmacy in Tonawanda has COVID vaccination appointments available this coming Monday (4/26) and Wednesday (4/28).
Appointments can be booked 24/7 on their website or by calling during business hours at (716) 835-6778.
They have the capacity to vaccinate as many as 300 people daily.