BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — New York State is taking steps to get kids vaccinated against COVID-19.
We stopped by the Johnnie B. Wiley Sports Pavilion Saturday, It was designated as a vax-to-school pop-up event.
It’s part of a 12-week program by the state to get kids to roll up their sleeves.
The FDA is giving the okay for children as young as five to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
The agency approved Pfizer’s shot Friday. But don’t make an appointment with your doctor just yet. The vaccine still needs approval from the CDC.
New on WIVB.com
- Lancaster runs away in second half to beat WSW 77-38
- Man undergoes heart surgery, wins $1M prize from lottery ticket in get-well card
- Capacity reaches its limit at Albany hospitals, leaders plan limits to elective procedures
- Local typewriter collector exchanges letters with fellow enthusiast Tom Hanks
- Nonprofit ‘disposed of’ Virginia mom’s belongings, left family without home days after C-section