TOWN OF CLARENDON, N.Y. (WIVB)– A Wedding in the Town of Clarendon may have exposed multiple people to coronavirus.
According to the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments, a number of known close contacts have been identified through contact tracing and placed under mandatory quarantine after attending the private ceremony on Acton Road Saturday, October 17.
“There are individuals that attended the wedding that were not part of the original guest list and those contacts may not be aware they may have been exposed to the virus,” said Paul Pettit, public health director for Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments.
Those who attended the wedding are asked to monitor symptoms through October 31.
Kelly Khatib is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2019. See more of her work here.
- Western New York residents react to adjusting Thanksgiving plans amid the pandemic
- Buffalo City Mission delivers over 5,000 dinners across WNY
- AAA predicts 10% decline in Thanksgiving travel
- Catholic Diocese of Buffalo weighs in on Supreme Court ruling backing religious organizations
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments