Testing children becomes a top priority for NYS

Coronavirus

ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — Testing children for coronavirus is now a top priority for the state.

More cases of a new, possibly COVID-19-related illness are piling up, and so far, three children, out of roughly 100, have died.

60 percent of kids with symptoms tested positive for COVID-19. The remaining 40 percent tested positive for antibodies.

70 percent of the children ended up needing intensive care.

Here are the symptoms:

On Tuesday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo released information on the ages of children who contracted it.

14 other states are investigating cases of this new illness, too.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories