(WIVB) – The world is now rushing to learn more about the Omicron variant, which was first detected just days ago in South Africa.
More cases are popping up across the globe, including just to the north in Canada.
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- New York State COVID update on Saturday, Jan. 15
- Are N95 masks safe for children?
- Website for ordering free COVID test kits launches next week, White House says
- Some COVID patients still infectious after more than 2 months, study warns
Dr. John Sellick, an infectious disease expert and a professor at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at UB, stopped by News 4 on Monday to tell us more.