(WIVB) – The world is now rushing to learn more about the Omicron variant, which was first detected just days ago in South Africa.
More cases are popping up across the globe, including just to the north in Canada.
- PBA of NYS calls for SUNY police to get COVID hazard pay
- Keeping kids safe in class: CDC drops some COVID guidelines before school year
- COVID grads face college: ‘I didn’t really learn anything’
- Biden tests positive for 5th straight day after ‘rebound’ COVID infection
- Biden to stop isolating after testing negative twice for COVID-19
Dr. John Sellick, an infectious disease expert and a professor at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at UB, stopped by News 4 on Monday to tell us more.