BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Have you heard of Damar Hamlin’s #3ForHeart CPR Challenge? In partnership with the American Heart Association, the Bills safety is encouraging people to learn this life-saving action.
It’s a three-step challenge:
- Learn CPR
- Donate to the American Heart Association
- Share the challenge with three friends on social media
Damar Hamlin is alive today thanks to the quick actions of others after he suffered cardiac arrest on the field in a game against the Bengals last month.
February is American Heart Month. Megan Whalen, a Go Red for Women volunteer and registered nutritionist, joined us on Wake Up! Wednesday morning to talk about heart health.
More information from the American Heart Association can be found here.
- Sabres stumbling to one of worst home records in history
- Case of teen’s 2015 death, reopened during Murdaugh investigation, now ruled a homicide
- Election results: Kevin Peterson, Rob Hefner re-elected as Mayors of Depew, Blasdell
- Trump’s possible indictment: What to watch for
- Democrats worry about Trump protest calls over possible indictment
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.