BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Sunday marked the first day of Kwanzaa and City Hall is honoring the celebration by flying the Kwanzaa flag all week.
Kwanzaa ends on Jan. 1 and is a celebration of community, family and culture. There are virtual and in-person events taking place this week, including Karamu, a feast that happens on the sixth day of Kwanzaa.
For the full list of events, see the release here.
New on WIVB.com
- Man who punched Hawaiian Airlines flight attendant slapped with hefty fine
- Buffalo man gets probation for unemployment fraud
- Airbnb to test new tech that could prevent your reservation if it’s deemed ‘high-risk’
- Race for governor in NY: Zeldin agrees to debate Hochul on PIX11
- Bills WR Isaiah Hodgins making a strong case to earn a roster spot