BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Sunday marked the first day of Kwanzaa and City Hall is honoring the celebration by flying the Kwanzaa flag all week.
Kwanzaa ends on Jan. 1 and is a celebration of community, family and culture. There are virtual and in-person events taking place this week, including Karamu, a feast that happens on the sixth day of Kwanzaa.
For the full list of events, see the release here.
New on WIVB.com
- Parents of a Buffalo child with autism and PICA sue the Buffalo School District for child’s right to in-person learning
- First-time speed skaters eager to compete on Olympic stage regardless of restrictions and challenges
- Futures Academy students left at bus stop for hours in freezing temperatures
- Roswell Park’s IceCycle fundraiser to kick off Wednesday, event scheduled for March
- Georgia DA granted special grand jury to probe Trump bid to overturn election