(WIVB) — India Walton is speaking out after her car was towed Thursday.
Walton said she was late on some parking tickets and her inspection was expired.
Sources tell News 4 that Walton owed almost $700 in tickets.
The Democratic nominee for mayor says what happened to her happens to a lot of people in Buffalo.
“What happened to me resonates with a lot of people. and we need leadership from people experiencing these issues and plugged into what’s happening with people at the ground level,” Walton said.
Byron Brown’s campaign put out a statement Thursday about Walton’s car being towed.
It said, “If you don’t follow the law, you can’t be expected to uphold it.”
New on WIVB.com
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he was ‘misled’ about police response to school shooting
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes surprises boys taking picture with his car
- Lawmakers explore financial barriers for those with disabilities, long COVID
- Democrat pitches $500 checks to offset high gas prices
- “We love you Andre”: Funeral held for father killed buying birthday cake for his son at Tops