(WIVB) — India Walton is speaking out after her car was towed Thursday.
Walton said she was late on some parking tickets and her inspection was expired.
Sources tell News 4 that Walton owed almost $700 in tickets.
The Democratic nominee for mayor says what happened to her happens to a lot of people in Buffalo.
“What happened to me resonates with a lot of people. and we need leadership from people experiencing these issues and plugged into what’s happening with people at the ground level,” Walton said.
Byron Brown’s campaign put out a statement Thursday about Walton’s car being towed.
It said, “If you don’t follow the law, you can’t be expected to uphold it.”
New on WIVB.com
- Buffalo man charged in connection with 5 bank robberies
- Niagara Falls woman pleads guilty after 2020 crash kills passenger
- Pig-to-human transplants a step closer after kidney test
- Government’s vax-or-test rule almost ready as nervous businesses wait
- Why the seat you pick on a plane impacts your carbon emissions