(WIVB) — India Walton is speaking out after her car was towed Thursday.
Walton said she was late on some parking tickets and her inspection was expired.
Sources tell News 4 that Walton owed almost $700 in tickets.
The Democratic nominee for mayor says what happened to her happens to a lot of people in Buffalo.
“What happened to me resonates with a lot of people. and we need leadership from people experiencing these issues and plugged into what’s happening with people at the ground level,” Walton said.
Byron Brown’s campaign put out a statement Thursday about Walton’s car being towed.
It said, “If you don’t follow the law, you can’t be expected to uphold it.”
New on WIVB.com
- Federal judge blocks Tennessee law restricting drag shows, says legislature ‘missed the mark’
- Most reliable, longest-lasting SUVs
- Deadly storms, tornadoes cause devastation in the South and Midwest: ‘Feels like a warzone’
- Pope Francis, after leaving the hospital, praises medical workers and signs boy’s cast
- Does climate change boost tornado activity?