A father and two of his children are dead after a house fire in Watertown early Thursday morning.
Watertown Fire Chief Dale Herman tells Nexstar contributing station WSYR that three other children who were inside the home were taken to Upstate University Hospital.
At least two of the children have serious burns.
The fire broke out just before 1:30 a.m. at a home along the 900 block of Myrtle Avenue. Herman says a teenager was able to escape the home and run to a neighbors home to get help.
When firefighters arrived on the scene , they were faced with smoke and flames coming from several windows of the home.
The fire chief says there were no working smoke detectors inside the home. Herman says he believes the fire started in the kitchen.