ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB)- Orchard Park gym Athletes Unleashed is now allowed to reopen at full capacity after a ruling from the State Supreme Court.
According to attorney Paul Cambria, Judge Paul Wojtaszek struck down the 25% capacity rule specifically for the gym.
Gym owner Robby Dinero has been fighting with the state since November when the county slapped him with a $15,000 fine for defying government COVID orders to shut down his business and getting into a confrontation with sheriff’s deputies and an inspector for the health department trying to close him down.
Video of that incident went viral and Dinero went on Fox News and announced the fine ripping it up on air.
Robby spoke with News 4 about being granted the full capacity.
“He picked a fight with the working man, and the working woman. Does he think he’s gonna win? Does Governor Cuomo or Polancarz, do they really think they can prevent a working man and woman or a United States Marine, from doing what they want to do? It’s never gonna happen.”
This ruling applies specifically to Dinero’s gym.
State Supreme Court Justice Paul Wojtaszek is expected to rule on the constitutionality of Cuomo’s actions in February.
- In Utah, no child support, no hunting or fishing
- Norway puts down Freya the walrus that drew crowds
- Presidential historian: Way Trump obtained, kept classified material is unprecedented
- Police searching for 2 ‘escaped’ kangaroos in Ohio
- Trump calls for return of privileged documents reportedly seized at Mar-a-Lago