BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Broadway community in Buffalo kicked off its fifth annual community Tree of Hope lighting Saturday night.
The celebration hoped to spread good faith throughout the community and bring people together. The event not only featured carolers outside of Mount Hope Community Church, but also gave people the opportunity to decorate the tree.
Mount Hope Community Church is also accepting donations to help those who are in need during the holidays.
New on WIVB.com
- New York COVID Update: Vaccinations, infection rates, deaths
- ‘Grateful to be alive’: Rabbi speaks out after synagogue hostage situation
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- Early morning fire rips through empty Hampshire Street commercial building
- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed by train at Times Square station; suspect shouts ‘I am god’ in custody